Hello and happy Friday!
Today started off with a solid workout, followed by a delicious smoothie that was devoured before I even had a chance to take a photo. Some of the top exercises that were part of my workout today were: dead Burpees, push-up half Burpees, 5 minutes of jumping rope, and a 5K HIIT run. Talk about a sweat sesh!
I’ve completed several hard runs this week, including hills and speed work on the treadmill on Monday, an easy run on Tuesday, a speed workout Wednesday, and another speed workout this morning. All of the runs are helping me work toward my goal of PR-ing at the Akron Marathon in September. I use a few key pieces of training gear to help me reach my goals, including my Nike+ Sportwatch with GPS, a foam roller, a rumble roller, and a pair of ProCompression socks.
I first tried the Marathon Sock while training for a winter half marathon as part of my spring Flying Pig Marathon training. I originally chose ProCompression because:
1. That’s what nearly every blogger I follow wears
2. I could get them in blue. I know, it truly is the little things for me.
I tried them…and fell in LOVE!
As you can imagine, when FitApproach and ProCompression offered to send me something new to review for you, I jumped at the chance! I ordered ProCompression Calf Sleeves in White and proceeded to stalk the shipment online (does anyone else do this when they are excitedly waiting for a package?!).
I chose the calf sleeves in order to be able to give you a comparison between the sock and the sleeve.
Since their arrival, I’ve tried them out on two runs (one long and one short) and also wore them for a few hours after my speed works Wednesday. My legs felt much stronger during the workouts than when I didn’t wear the calf sleeves, and I felt like I recovered faster when I wore them after the Wednesday workout. This all makes sense because of what compression socks/sleeves are designed to do (keep reading!).
The only big difference I noticed between the socks and sleeves was, kind of obviously, the lack of compression support for my feet. I’m okay with that on shorter runs or for recovery (hello, walking around in bare feet!), but will probably stick to socks for long runs. Either way, I am now a ProCompression sock and sleeve wearing believer!
After wearing ProCompression and doing a little more digging around on their website, here is a little more information about them and why I will be sticking with their gear:
1. MADE in the USA!
2. They always have a super fun Sock of the Month!
3. One of the few compression socks companies that makes a true graduated compression sock (the ones that work!).
And the socks feature….
1. True Graduated Compression, which promotes circulation by pushing fluid up from your feet and ankles to toward your knees. This design also helps reduce swelling and inflamation while providing critical support to muscles and tendons.
2. Arch support with just the right about of compression
3. Stabilization zone thru the sides to mid foot. Helps provide foot bed comfort.
4. Open toe box so it will not keep your toes too tight
5. Wide cuff for added comfort.
6. Moisture wicking materials
7. No blisters!
If you’re on the fence about trying ProCompression, or just want to purchase another pair, FitApproach and ProCompression have been so sweet and are offering 40% OFF your entire purchase by using the discount code “PINK“.
Do you wear compression socks or sleeves? Do you like them?
If you do wear them, or are looking to purchase, do you prefer socks or sleeves?
disclaimer: PROCompression provided me with a pair of calf sleeves for this review through my association with Fit Approach. All comments and opinions are my own.