Today is going to be very busy – I’m heading to Cleveland (2 hours away) for various reasons right after hitting “publish” on this post. While I’m there, I’m hoping to squeeze in a run at of my favorite Metroparks before making the drive home, since I will be sitting for most of the day! I have a few snack baggies packed and resisted the urge to include one of the delicious Sweet Potato Brownies I made last night when I had my parents and grandparents over for dinner.
These brownies aren’t the healthiest sweet potato brownies I’ve ever made, but they’re nowhere near as sinful as my grandma’s symphony brownies. My reason for making these was a) I had limited time to prepare them and b) anything I can make semi-homemade to help make life a little simpler, I will. Try them. You will love them.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Mashed Sweet Potato (I used a few teaspoons of water to help create a smooth consistency)
- 1/4 Cup Pureed Kale
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan. Lick bowl, spoon, and spatula if you are willing to take the risk of food poisoning like I am.
- Bake for 31-33 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
How do you ‘sneak’ veggies into your daily diet for an extra boost of nutrients?
When you’re traveling in the car, what are your favorite on-the-go snacks?