As I mentioned in my previous post, on Sunday I was one of two instructors for a Zumbathon. The Zumbathon was to raise money for Baskets of Care, a local organization that helps women and men who are newly diagnosed with breast cancer.
A little bit about Baskets of Care…(all information can be found on their website!)
- Supports men and women newly diagnosed with breast cancer in the Northwest Ohio/Southeast Michigan area
- Provides these individuals with a “basket of care” free of charge and gifted by a support team (surgeon, breast cancer survivor, and breast health navigator). These baskets include things like a notebook and pen (for doctor’s visits!), a bar of chocolate, books and educational materials, a pillow for the seatbelt to protect the breast, and a healing shawl.
- These baskets are all packed and content donated from individuals and other foundations
- Supportive call center staffed by volunteers and local medical professionals
- Provides access to local resources
- And so so soooooo much more!
You can see why I jumped at the chance to be involved…what a great organization!
I put together a short list of a few songs that I used during my sessions of the Zumbathon…have you ever heard them in a Zumba class? My participants, and the ones at the Zumbathon, had the biggest smiles on their faces during these songs!
What are YOUR favorite songs to hear in a fitness class?
Do you have a ‘power song’ that you play when you need an extra boost of energy during a workout? (Mine is Let It Rock!)