1. What did you eat for breakfast?
I had a fruit smoothie with mango, banana, strawberries, blueberries, and acai berry juice! I whipped it up in our Magic Bullet last night and stuck it in the freezer to grab on my way to work! I also had a Yoplait Light Harvest Peach yogurt and a banana as a mid-morning snack!
2. How much water do you drink a day?
I aim to drink about 3 CamelBak water bottles a day, so about 2.25L 🙂
3. What is your current favorite workout?
I love teaching my bootcamp class, so probably that!
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I don’t count calories! I guarantee my intake depends on the day. If I’m around my house a lot or working at the pool, I eat (okay, snack!) often!
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
- Fresh or frozen fruit (strawberries, bananas, mango chunks)
- Pretzels and almond butter
- Veggies & Hummus
- Animal crackers (or do you call them cookies?!)
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
It really just depends! Usually lots and lots of veggies!
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
Shoulders and biceps! I want a lean, defined look!
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Shoulders…if you’ve ever done BodyPump, you know exactly what I’m talking about (the kind of pain that makes you want to drop to your knees and rip your arms off).
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
There are no “BAD” foods unless they’re infested with germy germs! Everything in moderation!! 🙂 But my pleasure foods (that I eat purely because they have little nutritional value and taste amazing) are The Cookie Jar’s Inception Cookie (come to my hometown and get one…I promise you won’t be disappointed) and brownie/cookie batter.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Not currently! I used to take a calcium pill and probiotics for beneficial gut bacteria (I have major issues with my GI tract…ugh!). Multivitamins never made me feel good, even taking them with or after food!
11. How often do you eat out?
It honestly depends. Out out like on a date to a restaurant, 2-x/month I’d guess.
12. Do you eat fast food?
Sometimes…but I rarely get anything that would make an RD cringe (I think). Most often I’d get McDonalds coffee, a Dunkin Donuts wake up wrap, Subway salads, or something like that.
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My parents, my fiance, and my sisters. I don’t know what I’d do without them.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yep…two, actually! I automatically get one at the gym I teach at (heck yea) and my parents have a family pass at the local community center. This totally works out when I’m home and my dad decides to hit it up instead of his basement gym!
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
NOT ENOUGH. Definitely something I need to work on for my physical, mental, and emotional health! The last two nights have both been sub-5 hour nights. This girl needs at least 6-7 to properly function without insane amounts of coffee right away.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
Nope. Why would I ever want to cheat myself out of life?!
17. Do you drink alcohol?
No. I’m already klutzy and goofy without it. And prone to saying silly things. Adding booze to the mix probably isn’t smart. My current roommate (from undergrad and now through grad school) and I do have a bottle of wine we got two years ago that we plan to open when we finish our summer classes. (Yes, I’ve only ever had one alcoholic beverage to myself and it’s been sitting unopened for two years. I’m a cool kid)
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
YES!!! No one consistently every day, but I LOVE my workout pals for different things! My fiance is my favoritest running and lifting buddy 🙂 Possibly because he makes me so mad that I’m not physically as strong as he is so I work extra hard to make myself better.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
It’s made me much more sure of myself and confident that I can achieve any goal I set my mind to.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Brushed my teeth!
Your Turn!! Answer your favorite question of the survey (or make one up!).